- you need to be always selling (yourself and your business) and that if you "make a friend you’ll make a sale"!
- you need to surround yourself with quality people! If you fly with the crows you're likely to be shot.
- you should ensure you have good counsel - NEDs and best experts & today’s man rather than yesterday’s.
- if you get out-with chartered territory you become exposed to external elements and unforeseen factors
- it was essential that you maintain values and common sense
- you need to learn to trust your gut! Plus, if it looks too good it normally is!
- there are days, months or years when things don’t happen for you. That’s life! You need to learn from these situations. Things will change!
- you don’t need to be ruthless to be successful in business
- first impressions are critical
Murray works with executives, funders and shareholders to recover & create value! You can contact Murray via his website www.murraystrachan.co.uk or follow him on twitter @murraystrachan